10 March 2008

My Two Month Adevnture Begins

On March 25 I begin my journey to the dark heart of Africa, the Democratic Republic of Congo. I have already begun responding to people with oui and bon (yes and good). Although my Zambian friends laugh at me and always forget what those 2 words mean I'm practicing for a world where English does not exist. I have greatly enjoyed constant internet availability during my stay in Zambia but in Congo I'll be using internet cafes and decided posting a blog for everyone to receive updates on my life will be much easier than trying to keep everyone informed individually. I need prayer for the trip up to Congo because I am taking public transportation with my Congolese friends Evariste, his wife Jezelle and their three year old son Othniel. Crossing the Congolese boarder is always an adventure because of corruption. Pray I don't have to pay any ridiculous fees or duties. Pray that my time there goes great and especially pray that I am able to speak French so that people can understand me. Thanks for praying and I'll do my best to keep everyone informed on this great adventure!

2 comments:

Gina said...

sheri, you are always in my prayers. its exciting to see the dreams the Lord has placed in your heart coming more and more to past. i can't wait to continue hearing about your new set of adventures. love you!

Anonymous said...

Sheri what is the organization called that you are with. I just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your blog and that I'm praying for you. Keep up the posts!