02 September 2008

Orphan Sponsorship

Okay I keep meeting orphans who are unable to attend school because of money. Some of these children have never been to school. Others haven’t been for 2 years. I’ve talked with them and they have so many aspirations for their lives and dreams of doing great things but because their father or parents died now they have no chance. I began to ask about how much it costs to send them to school and received the answer that every school has a different price. School is opening up soon. In order to attend the students must pay a registration fee which also varies from school to school but is usually around $8 and then the teachers will decide the monthly rate based on the number of students probably in October. I inquired about the monthly rates last year and received answers ranging from $3 to $11. I started thinking about it and decided I would ask if anyone wants to get involved. I know some times we don’t have a lot of money but we want to make a difference. If you want to sponsor an orphan in Congo please contact me as soon as possible. I’ve met with the orphans and have compiled a list of the one’s truly in need and will give the money to the teachers directly to avoid the guardians spending it on themselves. I’ll also be in contact with the teachers to make sure the students are actually attending class and working hard. You can send the money through Noah Ministries so it’ll be tax deductible. There won’t be any administrative costs on your gifts so everything you give will go to the student. If because of the exchange rate it’s a few cents more I’ll buy the students notebooks and pencils. If you are interested please let me know and I’ll get you more information. If you want I can have the student send you monthly letters. I wish I could give you an exact price but this is Congo . If you need more information just let me know noahministriescongo@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Brian Jones said...

Hey Sheri. I love your blog!! I was actually in class when I read the one about the guys peeing on your house. It was hard to stop laughing, I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.

Brian Jones said...

I think I sent you the same comment twice cuz I did not see that you had to screen them before it was displayed. Oh well. By the way, Michele and I are very excited about sponsoring orphans. Love You!!!!