24 November 2009

Preaching at a Baptist Church Conference

I was asked by the Pastor of the EPROBA (Eglise Protestante Baptiste, Protestant Baptist Church) in Shituru to please preach for a special conference at his church. I accepted not really knowing what I was getting myself into.

The first day I spoke at their women’s meeting from Acts chapter 2. I talked about how it is women’s job to preach the gospel to their children. That whenever women neglect this duty is sets up the next generation for failure. I talked about how what is happening now is we know all of our neighbors business and we gossip about it but God’s plan is for women to use their position at home (not one of the women I was talking to was employed) to encourage people through the word of God when they are going through difficulties. To pray for the sick and cast out demons. The same Holy Spirit that gives the power to men to do those things is also given to women.

People haven’t stopped talking about the message since then. Everybody got excited and the women felt empowered to be ministers of the Gospel and the men have been almost more excited about it than the women. I heard one of the elders talking to his wife telling her that he wants her to do more ministry in the church and outside of it. Even the pastor said we need more women like you in our churches it’s not right for only the men to be preaching.

The rest of the meetings also went great. The church turned out to be really open to the move of the spirit. We had altar calls that were really powerful. Lots of people got healed. Many others wanted more of God in their lives and the power of the Holy Spirit. I was especially impressed by how many men came forward or even attended at all. They were at the altar crying out for God to use them and empower them to accomplish his will on earth at it is in heaven. The church even game me money for transport which was the first church to ever do that for me in Congo. They told me I had to come back again and thanked God for my ministry and the sacrifice I had made to come to Congo.

Who knew the Baptist church would be so great?

No comments: